In this Sprint, I dealt with Visual Studio coding environment in efforts of developing an eventual WPF application that would become the base for the desktop version of the app. The complete ecosystem of our app consists of the mobile app, a cloud interface to sync all the info to, and a desktop app with enhanced functions. I took up the task of developing the desktop app, and in this sprint I experimented with the Tesseract engine and its application in a WPF app.
Many tests and iterations of the code have yielded some promise, but the main issue I’m still facing is the error being thrown by the system about the Tesseract’s illicit access of some restricted memory. After breaking my head over this problem and trawling all over the internet about this issue, the problem turned out to be a persistent one. The most immediate solution is to repack the entire Tesseract engine library in a .NET wrapper, which acts as a bridge between the native code of the engine and enables the WPF app to call certain APIs.
So far, I’ve researched on how to carry this out and will start the process of packaging in the coming days.
Sprint 1 saw me brainstorming, conceptualising and wireframing different UI designs for the app. This process required a brainstorm and denotation of features and functionality that were available to the user. Eventually, it boiled down to 3 different designs. These were then examined and discussed upon by the team and we decided on one of them.
I had to revisit the wireframes after the discussion so as to comply with the Android User Experience Guidelines. The folks at Android have released some design principles and guidelines on designing the user interface and experience of a mobile app, and it is our imperative to conceive and materialise our app as per the guidelines given.